In daily life, when HIV infection in one part of the skin or mucosal damage, infection or ulceration, HIV with blood, secretions or exudate spread into the body, if it is damaged, the infection of healthy people, ulceration of the skin or mucosa, and contact with HIV blood or secretions, on the can the occurrence of HIV infection. Therefore, people should understand the HIV biological characteristics.
HIV from the body, in the outside world survival ability is very weak, in the sunlight, the air will soon die. Therefore, people with AIDS patients in general communication and contact such as talk, ride, boat, common office, dining, toileting and other, will not be infected. But people with AIDS patients ( including virus ) how to get along with?
(1) note that individuals with AIDS the skin of the patient has no harm, rip, fester, eczema and other skin disease, if any, it is best not to AIDS patients and to shake hands or hug, otherwise there is a risk of infection.
(2) AIDS patients used tools, such as toothbrush, razor, barber tools, beauty tools, injection needles, toilet, and AIDS patients with swimming, are at risk, should avoid.
(3) couples between a party are infected with HIV or AIDS, don’t kiss, sex life to the correct use of condoms; because of the condom is not absolutely safe, the best sexual restraint, avoid anal sex.
(4) in the diagnosis and treatment of medical staff, nursing of AIDS patients, we must strictly adhere to the disinfection and isolation system, especially for the AIDS patient to check the implementation of operation, to prevent the punctured skin. In recent years, there have been reports of nurses, midwives, the surgeon was HIV contaminated needles, blade punctured the skin, infected with AIDS and death. But the medical staff do not have to do too much fear, as long as the work follow the isolated disinfection system, vigilance, can prevent accidents.
(5) the medical staff infected HIV ratio is quite small, except in the disinfection is not strict, operating without norms or breaks in the skin in the absence of exposure of HIV infection or AIDS patient body fluids will be infected. These medical personnel is the laboratory staff ( contact with HIV / AIDS patient blood or secretions ), surgery, dentistry, obstetrics and gynecology doctors ( HIV / AIDS treatment ) and hospital personnel dealing with dirt.